Monday, November 9, 2015

Psychic Knowing of Daughter's Danger

While 100 miles away, Mick gets a powerful psychic impression that his daughter is in danger

Richmond, California. My daughter was two years old in the summer of 1979. I spent the day away from our home near Sacramento crewing on a sailboat in a race on San Francisco Bay. The boat returned to the dock as the sun was going down and I was 100 miles from home.

I suddenly had a terrific urge to call home and tell my wife to check on our daughter.

I knew for sure that something was wrong, but I didn't have any idea what. There was no pay phone anywhere in the area. There were no cell phones in those days and I knew I had to find a phone at all costs.

There was new housing construction in the area of the marina, so I tried to break into an empty house, hoping there would be a functioning phone.

No luck. I was a school teacher, not a burglar. I don't break into houses.

This was a true panic attack like I've never had before or since and I would have done anything to make a call home at that moment. All I could do was jump in the car and drive until I could find a phone.

On the road the evening turned to darkness and suddenly my panic attack disappeared. When I got home I quickly went in my daughter's room and saw that she was sleeping soundly and nothing appeared to be wrong.

In the morning, though, I discovered that while playing she had draped the curtain over top of a lamp. I'd had my panic attack while her lamp was on in the early evening. The lamp had scorched a big hole through the curtain, which was almost certainly ready to burst into flames.

Then my wife shut off the lamp from the wall switch at my daughter's bed time. That would synchronize with the end of my panic attack.

Somehow, 100 miles away, I knew that my little girl was in danger. And then I knew when she wasn't. How? Needless to say, those curtains were gone that day, and I've never had a panic attack again.

Previous story | Next story

Back to index

No comments:

Post a Comment