Wednesday, April 18, 2012

READER REPORT: The Watchful Spirit

"I grew up in Yale, Virginia and I was raised by my grandparents," reports Kathryn. "There were many times that I would fall asleep over my homework while studying in my second-story bedroom and be awakened by a man's voice saying, 'I thought you were supposed to be doing your homework?' I would jolt awake and there would be no one there. When I got to be a teenager, I would often stay at home alone while Grandma went to town. I was able to turn the music up a little and would hear what I thought was Grandma coming home and calling me downstairs to help her with groceries, but when I went downstairs to answer there was still no one home but me.

"I often felt as though someone was watching me, or heard the back door close, but no one was there. It is not a threatening presence, but it is there just the same. I never told anyone until my dad, who also grew up in the house, told me of his nearly identical experiences."

Thanks for that report, Kathryn. What makes your report interesting to me is that your father had very similar experiences. Whenever there is independent corroboration of experiences, that lends weight to the possibility that the house might be haunted by a watchful presence -- and not just your imagination. Whether it is a residual haunting or an intelligent haunting is hard to say without further investigation, but the fact that it seemed to notice you resting over your homework and commented on that might indicate an intelligent haunting; that is, a spirit.

But there is so much about this phenomena we just don't know: Is it a spirit of a once-living person... some other kind of spiritual entity... or do these things mysteriously arise out of a shared subconscious? Whatever they are, they are a relatively common part of the human experience and well worth attention and investigation.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment