Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Poltergeist Levitation

 - Photo: WIN-Initiative / Getty Images
Photo: WIN-Initiative / Getty Images

A family is terrorized by levitations, eerie shadows and invisible attacks

Poltergeist phenomena, it has been noted, seem to strike families with pre-teen children, and the strange events often center around the child or children. This may be the case for Kristi and her family, who a few years ago experienced phenomena that would strike fear in any sane person. Even moving far away did not stop the terrifying incidents. This is Kristi's story...

My children, then 10 and 8, were in bed and later my husband and I also went to bed. Sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up to the blood-curdling sounds of my daughter Hanna screaming, "Mommy! Help me! Leave me alone! Help!"

I sat up in bed trying to turn on the lights and wake my husband, but he wouldn't budge.

I finally got the lights turned on and tried to open my bedroom door. It wouldn't open. It felt as if someone was holding it closed from the other side. I grabbed the doorknob and yanked as hard as I could, and when it opened, there was nobody on the other side.

I ran down the hallway and tried to open Hanna's door, but it would only open an inch or two before it felt like someone was forcing it shut on the other side. I told Hanna to get away from the door. She screamed that she wasn't near the door. She was still screaming for me to please help her. I was scared and mad that I couldn't get in. I started to slam my shoulder against the door to get it open enough so I could enter. At one point I slammed it so hard that the door flew open.

I flicked on the light switch... and what I saw was the scariest thing I had ever seen in my life!

Hanna, who had a wrought iron canopy bed, was hanging on to the post and levitating in mid-air! She was holding on for her dear life. Black shadows flying around the room quickly gathered and flew out of the window.

(Normally, this window needed something to prop it open, but it was staying open by itself.) When the shadows flew out the window, the window crashed shut and Hanna slammed down to her bed.

I ran to her bed, picked her up and rushed back to my bedroom. I sat on the edge of my bed with her on my lap, asking her what happened. Suddenly, the lights dimmed and my bedroom door slammed shut with such force that the door got wedged in the doorway. Finally, my husband woke up. My son was in his bedroom on the first floor and didn't hear anything.

As it happened, we had a U-Haul halfway packed in the driveway; we were getting ready to move to Florida. The next day we decided to cut out of there early. We got up in the morning and finished loading the U-Haul. My son was the last one out, and as he was coming down the outside back steps and got down to about the third from the bottom, something pushed him and knocked him into the yard about five feet from where he was coming down the steps.

When he landed, his chest hit the grass and his feet almost flew over his head backward. It didn't look like he had simply tripped. By the time his feet finally hit, he turned around and his face was white and loaded with fear. He screamed that something pushed him and held his feet. He said it felt like something held his ankles while he was being pushed. Five people witnessed him being pushed.

We left and traveled to Florida. But that wasn't the end.

Next page: It's right behind you

< Continued from page 1

Two nights after we arrived in Florida...

In the middle of the night again, I heard Hanna screaming, "Get out of my room! Mommy, make him leave!" I hopped out of bed, hurried to her room and swung the door open. The door hit her sliding closet door and it came off the tracks and fell over, bouncing off the corner of her bed. I went in and took her out and said, "Hanna, nobody is in here."

She started to cry and I took her to my room.

She was lying on my bed and I was sitting beside her on the edge of the bed. The lights started to dim slowly. I started to feel a chill on my neck and down my back and I smelled a slight stench. Hanna started to curl up her toes and draw her legs toward herself. I asked what was wrong. "It's there," she said.

"What's there?" I asked.

"That thing!"

"What thing?"

"Please make it go away," she begged.

I turned around and nothing was there, except my husband David, who was standing in the doorway on the other side of the room. I said, "Hanna, it's just David."

"NO!" she yelled. "IT'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!"

I asked her to describe what it looked like. She said that its feet weren't touching the floor. It was in the air and was tall, very tall. He was wearing a black, long trench coat and a top hat, she said, and she could see through his face as if he didn't have a face, just a head, but could see through him, too.

I was getting a bit angry. "Okay," I told her. "Let's get rid of this thing forever. Let's send it back to wherever it came from!"

I made her sit next to me and I said, "Hanna, if you've never believed in the power of the Holy Ghost before, you have to do it now!" She said she did believe in Jesus. "You have to believe that he's here with us now and he's asking us to ask for his help," I said. "Let's pray."

We held each other's hands in fists and said the Lord's Prayer very loudly.

We asked that our Lord send his angels of protection and rid us of this evil and ban it from entering our lives. "By the power of God's love and through our prayer, send this away from us and leave us forever!"

Suddenly, everything felt normal. The lights were extremely bright, the chill and stench went away... and it was gone.

We never experienced the entity again but have, since then, had paranormal experiences. We've moved back from Florida to Pennsylvania and have had encounters in this house:

  • chairs moving in another room while we were all watching TV in the next room over
  • lights going on by themselves
  • music and people talking in the middle of the night, but nobody there
  • shadows hovering above us while vacuuming or doing other things
  • people standing over us while we're sleeping.

I once saw a man walking from the bottom of the basement steps into the basement. I thought it was my dad, but when I went down, nobody was there. I got creeped out and ran back upstairs. When I went to go out the front door, I was pushed out and the door slammed shut. I turned around quickly and I saw the face of a man that reminded me of Grizzly Adams, but with a shorter beard. His face disappeared immediately.

People think I'm nuts when I talk about this stuff, but I know what we have experienced, and for some reason I don't think it's the end of it. The house that we're living in is going to be sold soon and so we have to move. But wherever we move to, I know it's going to continue to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment