Saturday, December 10, 2011

High School Doppelganger - Your True Tales - February 2007 - Page 18

Your True Tales
February 2007 - Page 18

High School Doppelganger
by Michua L.

This took place in Brownsville, Texas. For about 10 years friends and family have told me about a girl in town who HAS to be my twin. Back in high school I would wear my hair long and copper red. One night my aunt and uncle came over to my house. I greeted them at the door and very coldly I was shunned by my aunt. I wondered why she was ignoring me, and soon my mom had to question why she was mad. "Now she says hi to us. At the mall when she was with her friends, she just walked past us."

Both mom and I looked at each other. I had been grounded and not allowed to go anywhere because my grades were low. I explained to her that it couldn't have been me. Once she cooled down, she began to joke about it and said that this girl must have been my twin.

Three years after high school, I decided to dye my hair jet black and sport a more "goth" look to be more "individual" (yea right). I kept having friends call me up claiming that I had been in clubs dancing on tables and ignoring them and being loud. I have never been to a club in my life. (I don't smoke or drink or dance.) I thought maybe my look was too common and in the dark with the smoke they must have seen things.

Two years ago I had a student who works for the trade school I work for come up to me with a big smile and hugged me. I smiled back but was surprised at the greeting. "Long time I haven't seen you," he said, while his arms hugged tighter. I pretended like I knew who he was because I didn't want to be rude, but he kept talking. "I remember when we were in choir together. You remember that, Cindy?" I pushed him away slightly and eased to him that my name was not Cindy. His eyes opened wide and mouth hung open. "But you look exactly like her." His face grew red. "You must be her twin sister." I shook my head slowly. "No, sir. I only have two sisters and neither of them are named Cindy." He walked away and I could tell he was still thinking.

The most recent thing that happened was two weeks ago. I still work at the Career College in Brownsville, Texas and we usually have local banks come to our campus and promote to the students and staff. A very lovely young girl came over from a bank and was requesting permission to go back to the lounge. I told her to go and we started talking about the bank's promotion. Out of no where she stopped and smiled and said, "Wait a minute... you already know all this." I was confused and laughed with her. "No, what do you mean?" "I spoke to you early this morning at the St. Joe school? Yes, it was you. I remember. Even your hair was the same." I assured her it had not been me and she didn't want to believe me.

The weird thing is that about one month ago I cut off all my hair, dyed it auburn and got extensions on the bottom, which I have in a bun. Whoever this girl that looks like me is must have me under constant supervision since she always copies my hair styles! I don't know what's going on, but I hope to one day run into this look-alike!

< Previous story | Next story >

< main menu


Do you have a paranormal tale to tell?
Click here.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment