Sunday, December 25, 2011

Readers' Best Santa Claus Sightings

12:34 A.M., CHRISTMAS MORNING, 2010

I saw him with my own eyes. I know you non-believers won't believe me, but it really happened. It was very early on Christmas morning, and I just kept staring out into the night sky, thinking about the mysteries of the universe. Then, in the blink of an eye, I saw him! Santa flew straight over the house in his sleigh pulled by his nine reindeer! They were only there for an extremely brief moment, since Santa has to move fast to get around the world in 24 hours. But it was such a magical moment that it seemed to last forever. I immediately pinched myself to make sure I was awake. I still remember it like it was just yesterday. I had actually witnessed Santa Claus flying over head. - Quader4

MY DAD SAW SANTA!

My Dad was about 10 or 11. It was Christmas Eve and my Dad heard a big noise. He got scared so he went to his parents' room and said he heard something. His parents didn't know who it was, so my Dad's Dad got a bat! All of my Dad's brothers and sisters and his parents went downstairs. Santa was there and heard them coming, so he ran to their side door and put all of their presents there. Then he ran outside. Everyone heard all of the presents drop, so they went to the side door. Then they ran outside and looked up into the sky and saw Santa waving to them and saying, "Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas!" Best Christmas for him ever! - Faith

I BELIEVE

A week before Christmas in 2006, I was at work and not in a Christmas mood. My job sucked and Christmas was right on top of me. Being 37 at the time, I was a little old to believe in Santa. I had the faith he existed and felt in my heart he was real, but not physically real until... I was in our parking lot dumping trash in the dumpster. Walking on the sidewalk next to me was a chubby old man with long, snow white hair and a long white beard, round glasses, wearing a green flannel shirt, blue jeans, and red suspenders. He said, "Hello, Richard" as he passed. I said hi and he kept walking. It wasn't until a few seconds later I realized I didn't know him yet he knew my birth name. We did not wear name tags or anything. He wasn't a customer, but he knew. I watched him as he continued down the street, and as he came to the intersection he didn't stop to wait for the light to change. It just turned green and he walked out of sight. Weird? Yes, but it changed my mood knowing I wasn't nuts. - Rick

REAL SANTA SIGHTING!

I was five years old and my mother had picked me up from day care in Los Angeles (Boyle Heights), California. I was so excited because I was telling her that Santa Claus came to visit us and we all got a gift from him. As we were crossing the street to get to our vehicle, and as my mother was unlocking the car, I looked up at the sky. It was still light, right before it got dark, and I saw what seemed to be a falling star, and as I kept starting at it I noticed the red sleigh. I said, "Mom, look at that in the sky! Look! That looks like Santa Claus!" We saw the reindeer and Santa waved hi and took off like a speeding bullet. My mom said, "Oh my God...." I said, "You see, mom. It is Santa, but no one is gonna believe us." She said, "I know…." - Francie

NOTICED SOMETHING WEIRD

Has anyone else noticed that when Santa is spotted in all these stories that the person falls asleep. It's like that spirit, ghost, alien we call Santa has the ability to put us into a trance and fall to sleep in seconds. But only one or two stories recall finding presents that were left or finding the presents the mourning that were left from Santa. Unfortunately, I have never seen or heard Santa, but I believe in the spirit of Santa in people. Luckily, I live in a part of the world where most people are very friendly and nice year round. - Mr. Nunster

I BELIEVE

All of these stories have a few things in common, which is really cool. I'm 17 and don't believe, but after reading these stories they gave me the feeling I would get when I was little on Christmas - Julia


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment