Wednesday, March 7, 2012

11:11 - Mom's Last Text

I live in Worcestershire, England. When I was 20, my mother passed away on the February 2, 2009 after suffering from secondary cancer, brain tumours. She was aged just 40. She died in the hospital and we decided to turn off life support at 3 p.m. on the dot after the doctor advised us there was nothing that could be done. The nurse had told us mom had no brain activity and she was gone already prior to our decision.

But the strangest thing happened after the machine was turned off at 3 p.m., and even the nurse was in shock. We were watching the clock and listening to mom's heartbeat still beating on the machine until 3:15 exactly. The nurse said it was unbelievable.

When my nan held her hand and whispered, "It's time to let go. Stop fighting and be at peace,"... at that moment the beating slowed down until it came to a stop.

The nurse told us it was very odd because my mom had no brain activity, technically. Her heart should not have been beating on its own because the brain controls it. All the machine was doing was pumping oxygen into her lungs and the heart monitor was hooked up before her brain shut down.

When I got home from the hospital at about 6 p.m., I went straight to bed to try and sleep. My head was pounding. I woke about 8ish because my phone started vibrating under my pillow. I had a text message. It was from my mother's phone and it read: "11:11"

I have no idea how that happened as mom's mobile was dead and was at home (where I was) in her handbag. Mom was lying in the chapel of rest at hospital.

What I'd like to know is if anybody can understand what she was trying to tell me with the message "11:11" when it happened. After that, I saw 11:11 on the clock most days. I would just happen to glance and see the time read 11:11. I would like to think it's a message from her and not just a coincidence.

Next story

Back to index


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment