Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Brown-Eyed Ghost

My story takes place in a friend's home in which I had been sleeping over. It was particularly late and my friend Shayne had just fallen asleep. I shut the TV off and went into the front room. I sat down in the swivel chair in front of a generally large computer.

I was browsing the Internet when I heard a faint tapping sound. I looked to my left to see if Shayne woke up. He hadn't moved a muscle. I shrugged and continued browsing.

Suddenly, it got very, very cold. I would like to mention that this was in the middle of summer in Florida. It definitely would not be this cold in the dead heat of summer. My vision got very faint and the computer screen started to fade. Scared out of my mind, I jumped to my feet.

I turned around to the very large window behind me. The window was draped with a dark purple curtain. I walked cautiously to it. I gripped the curtain, and pulled it open, fast.

There I looked in the dark brown eyes of a girl. She had messy golden brown hair, dark brown eyes, and a floral patterned dress. Her hand was pressed against the window as she frowned. She looked down and faded away, right in front of me.

I ran as fast as possible down the hall and jumped into my blanket, put it over my head, and eventually went to sleep.

The next morning, all that was in my head was the girl. I went to the window and saw her hand print, a faint outline of what used to be the girls palm. This experience scared the crap out of me, but I will never forget her face. So sad and so lonely. Could it be that she was just as scared of me as I was of her? It's a strange mystery that I cannot solve.

Previous story | Next story

Back to index


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment