Sunday, October 23, 2011

READER REPORT: The Ghost Was Cold

"In June, 2007, my husband and I took my elderly parents to visit my mother's sister in Clinton, ?Iowa," reports Carol. "My aunt had an unfinished basement that she had partitioned off with blankets and wires. We took one of these 'rooms' and my parents took another, only theirs was more like an actual room because it had a door.

"We went to bed after a long trip from Tennessee. We had just laid down and I felt the sensation that someone was watching me. I propped myself up on my right elbow and looked toward the curtain opening. There stood a female figure peeking around the curtain at me. I don't know why I did not say anything. I just watched.

"It looked as if she had her hair in rollers and something thrown over her shoulders. She went over to look at the furnace. She stood at the end of the bed looking at us, then turned around and did something to the furnace. The next day my husband and I were talking. He asked me if my aunt had come in our room the night before. I said, 'You saw it too?' After comparing notes, he had seen the exact thing I had. After telling my aunt, she was not surprised. She had never seen the apparition, but had heard footsteps, voices, and smelled cigarette smoke. It was a trip I'll not forget. I am not real exited about returning."

Thanks, Carol. Ghost sightings like this always have far more credibility when more than one person sees the apparition and is able to independently describe it in the same way. I know you said you don't want to return, but it would interesting if you could try to get more evidence there in the form of EVP, photos or even video. It seems you might have a good chance.

Here are tales of more domestic ghosts:


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment