Sunday, August 28, 2011

PARANORMAL ANSWER MAN: Is there an afterlife?

"After reading various books on evolution, I found myself pondering the existence of an afterlife, and the origins of that afterlife," writes Karl. "Searching for more information online, I found your site with the exact article I was looking for.

"As a paranormal phenomena guide, I would be interested to know your views on an afterlife. Already that tells you that I am a skeptic, but I am an open-minded skeptic. Unfortunately, most people are not able to debate this issue, and additional input always helps."

Answer: Karl, if your question is: Is there an afterlife? the answer is: No one knows. I think I'm safe in saying that the vast majority of people on this planet believe in some sort of life after death, but belief doesn't really get us anywhere with this profound question. Either there is an afterlife or there isn't, and believing in it doesn't make it so, just as not believing in it doesn't rule it out. So if we set belief aside, then we must see if there is any evidence for an afterlife.... Read the rest of my answer.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment