Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Strange Black Thing

I live in Cleveland, Ohio, but my parents and older brothers and sister grew up in Hong Kong. This incident didn't happen to me directly, but to my parents, brothers and sister, my grandparents and some of my cousins before I was born and they were all still over in Hong Kong.

They were all together at my grandparents' house, which has been in our family for generations. My grandparents would always say that the house is filled with the spirits of our loved ones and will always protect anyone on the family that stays there... but my cousins and brothers and sister have a different point of veiw on the house: they say it's haunted. And this story (one of many) just so happened to everyone who was staying that weekend.

It happened during holiday, 1989 (which just happens to be the year I was born). Everyone was gathered around the television, watching some sort of holiday special, when the temperature in the room started to get extremely cold. Then a strange growl seemed to emanate from the walls all around them and the lights flickered.

Then the scariest thing happened. From the wall and television directly in front of them manifested a large black shape. Nobody said anything or moved right away; they were probably too stunned or scared to realize exactly what was happening.

The ominous form was at least seven feet tall and its "head" seemed extremely bulbous and round at the top, as if its forehead were too big for the rest of the head. My cousins said it was the most terrifying thing they had ever seen.

Finally the trance seemed to break and my father and grandfather got to their feet and startd after it as it slowly began to dissolve into thin air. After the "thing" left, though, there was a strange howling sound outside for the rest of the night. The men tried to find the source of the sound, but every time they seemed like they were upon it, it would stop and then start up somewhere else.

The elders never speak of this story, but sometimes my cousins and I will discuss it. Nobody knows exactly what happened that night, and my grandparents still live in that house.

Previous story | Next story

Back to index


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment