Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Bouncing Ball

Strange things have been happening to me ever since I moved back to Corona, California. One night I was staying at my aunt's house because I was helping her throughout the week taking care of her kids while my uncle and she worked.

I was out with my friends and came home around 12:30 that night. My brother Eric was in the living room watching a movie. I made my way upstairs and made a bed on the floor for me to sleep, due to the fact that my brother beat me and called for the bed first. I laid the blankets and pillows down and I changed into my sleeping clothes.

I slept right in front of the dresser drawer, and on top of it were my drawings that I had left there. I grabbed them and started looking at the old drawings I had done in high school, me being 21 now. I was shocked to see well I drew, but never had a passion for it.

It was quiet in the room and I was alone. Moments passed... and all of a sudden I heard a thump from out of no where and the a small bouncing ball fell straight on my lap. I was paralyzed and terrified for a few seconds. I thought to myself, If my brother is behind me and he threw this ball to try and scare me, I am going to kill him.

As soon as I built up the courage, I turned and face him... but unfortunately I was alone with the door closed. I freaked out. Chills ran up and down my spine. The bouncing ball was within my fist that grasped it tightly. I opened the door and ran down quietly, but as fast as I could.

My brother was there watching the movie and he saw my face and how scared I was. I told him about it and he said, "That's weird because I saw that ball was on the floor when I stepped into the room before to put my things away."

I asked, "Where did you see it on the floor?"

"Next to the mirror closet, almost near the bedroom door," he said.

I freaked out even more and said, "This thing was behind me. How did it just throw itself, hit the dresser drawer and fall straight diwn on my lap?" He shook his head and couldn't explain to me, but thought I was crazy.

I know what I experienced and it scared the hell out of me. I've later learned that the whole Cajalco area, including the Eagle Glen area where my aunt lives, is all built atop an Indian burial ground.

I have not experienced as much ghostly encounters or any other like that one night, but as I shared this with my friend and sister, they told me about their experiences with my aunt's house, and that calmed me a bit and made me feel less crazy. I told my aunt and she thinks that it's just me, but I should stop going out and coming back late, and that I should start praying at night.

I've been more cautious with my late-night hang outs. I come home earlier than usual, and I just try to keep myself away from anything, if possible, following me home late at night.

Previous story | Next story

Back to index


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment