Monday, September 5, 2011

Slapped Awake by a Ghost

August 29, 2011, early morning. I was slapped awake by no one.

The next morning I told my cousin about it. He Googled it and showed me an story by a woman who too was slapped. For some reason knowing someone else was slapped was both comforting and alarming. I was comforted almost in a false way and alarmed because what I had hoped was something I imagined or possibly dreamed about up may actually be a phenomenon.

Unlike the other woman's story, my hair was not pulled and I saw no signs of ghosts in the room, nor did I hear a voice. I was, however slapped. Literally slapped awake.

I had been fast asleep when the feeling of being slapped in the face awoke me from being fast asleep. I quickly scanned the room and saw no one. It felt so real it could not have been just a dream. I don't know if it temporarily left any sort of red mark, nor do I remember if the sensation of being slapped was accompanied with a loud slap sound. But I do know my cheek felt like it had been slapped. Not only just the initial slap was felt, but even the tingling sensation after.

This event drew my attention to another situation that had happened as I slept. The computer that I often left in a sleep mode would take itself out of sleep mode and turn on, as if someone or something had moved the mouse. At night I'd wake up to the light of the computer screen. This would happen one to four times a night, and I'm sure more times that I might have slept through.

Is there a ghost in my room checking email and slapping my face?

Previous story | Next story

Back to index


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment